Sunday, June 12, 2016

Barbara Temperton #12 - Bookmarks



Dusting Dad’s books I discover The Essential Rumi contains more than Sufi poetry. The missing contents of Dad’s wallet – Driver’s License and Veterans’ Affairs card, a $50 note – with several meticulously folded tissues resembling wings. I’ve solved the mystery. Recovering what I’ve found, I close the book and immediately regret not paying attention to more than bookmarks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wonder which poems of Rumi's, too, Barbara! This is wonderful....oh, and the image of the window shaped like a keyhole, a lit candle, ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, Efi. I'm thinking about taking a short break from this series, for a few days, a week or so. I'm feeling like I'm pushing the envelope a bit. Shall air some other work for a little while.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.