Saturday, September 17, 2016

Lucy Alexander #17 On Mt Zeus

and the wind made hollows
of our mouths
distance was the mottled colour

of hill over hill out of seascape
and whoosh into view the vutures
grey enourmous

rising on the updraft
of water marinated air
as they soared

above the mountain
above the village where we had made our home
and Despina told me to hurry

and have a baby as soon as I could
but all I could nurture were the
memories; the crocus, the cave where he ate his children

their shadows on the ancient walls
stone after stone and the vultures
as grey and as knowing. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a truly fabulous poem! And image. I really enjoyed the first stanza and the last two particularly - so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image and the imagery suggest so much. Thsnk you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.